Today I finished off the first draft of my new blogger tool that I wrote in python to simplify the workflow of creating new Markdown files for the blog. Features:
- Loads a yaml configuration file
- Parses the command-line for the new blog title
- Creates the new blog file in the Pelican content folder
- Add the Pelican metadata at the top of the Markdown file with the Title, Date, Category, and Author.
- Launches the configured Markdown tool. In this case Visual Studio Code.
It took me in total about 20 minutes to build and test it because it is very similar to my customized Journal scripts. I want to make some changes and add some polish to make it easy to handle titles. I'll do another post soon with more details.
Update: Done. Added polish.